Instruction manuals hold a unique role in all of the workplaces, be it schools or leading industries of the world. Not only do they act as printed guides, but also simplify the complexity of any given issue and enhance the efficiency of the workforce in performing the jobs. Hence, their good wording and clear concepts are significant and for that, this article speaks primarily on the things to be kept in mind while writing of the Instructions manual.
The tips to be taken care of
The following are the pro tips that need to be taken care of while writing the instruction manual:
- The entire piece needs to be written while keeping oneself in the shoes of the readers or users. This gives a better understanding to the writer on the user, his or her knowledge on that particular field and the different categories of users of the same, such that the flow of content gets automatically adjusted.
- Use of active voice in the write up of the entire Instructions manual gives better emphasis to the user and thus makes it easier for him or her to understand and read it thoroughly. So, the overall write up becomes clear, concise and precise.
- The entire content should be reader-centric and hence use of second person pronouns or reinforcing the content as per the reader is highly imperative to grab the interests of the readers easily.
- Doing proper research before the writing of any content for the manual is a significant thing that needs to be kept in mind because readers do not want any outdated content and always prefer to keep comparisons between different manuals of the same genre.
- Proof-reading of the entire manual for any grammatical errors, sentence fragment problem, danglers, font issue,etc. is also significant to create a good impression in front of the readers.
Thus, the tips mentioned above are sure to produce a good and lucid manual.